With Valentines Day right around the corner I decided to combine the biggest hype with one of the sexiest chocolate covered candies around. To me, nothing is better than fresh fruit and chocolate; I mean come on, it's still healthy right? :)
I hope you enjoy these little treats as much as I do. My little magical cupcakes are the perfect combination of chocolate and fruit, not made too sweet but are just satisfying enough for the sweet tooth in us all.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Yield: 24 frosted cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake papers.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 10 Minutes
|Fresh Out Of The Oven|
|Iced Up & Ready For Sprinkles|